Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Simone's Rose - Fall 2010 Collection

Well, well - here we are smack in the middle of summer and already getting ready for Fall!  Even though it seems early, according to the fashion world I am reeeeally late with this collection.  In reality, the fashion world works about a year ahead of time but, since my sweet little label is a new venture I've been doing a lot of catching up with the fashion schedule.  I recently visited my home province of Manitoba to shoot my Spring 2011 collection so I'm somewhat caught up in that regards.  I'll keep you posted on that soon enough!  Now that I'm back in Montreal, the focus is on getting this Fall collection out there for all you lovely fashionistas.

Designers often get asked what their inspirations are, who their influences are and what it's "all" about.  To tell you the truth, I'm one of those designers that is really influenced by everything around me and more often than not, I just 'go with the flow'.  This season though, I got caught up in multiple episodes (or more specifically - seasons) of Mad Men.  I gobbled it up and fell in love with Joan Holloway.  I mean seriously, who wouldn't!?  Her classic and tailored style is irresistible and hella sexy.  So - there it is, the Simone's Rose Fall 2010 collection is inspired by the sassy secretary style & textiles of the 50's and 60's along with Japanese kimono influences which I can't seem to get away from.  Don't worry - I haven't left out the famous kimono wrap top!  I'll also be adding more of these in new fall kimono fabrics as the season progresses.

Have a peek and let me know what you think!  Hopefully it's a collection that would have made my grandmother proud.   I'll be adding the collection to my Etsy shop within the next week and I welcome anyone who would like to place wholesale or personal orders.  

xo Michelle



Audrey skirt in 50's vintage brocade $96 & Feline lace tunic tank in Natural $48


Feline lace tunic tank in Natural $48
Origami wrap sweater in Natural $158 - Can also be worn front to back!
Origami wrap sweater with hand carved wood buttons - also available in Black $158
Worn front to back!
Melancholy Boyfriend Blazer in Organic stretch denim (Denim blue) $115
Melancholy Boyfriend Blazer $115 - also available in Denim Black
Stella - fully lined pencil skirt in Charcoal suiting $96 & Feline mesh tunic tank in Black $48
Stella - fully lined pencil skirt in Charcoal suiting $96 & Feline mesh tunic tank in Black $48
Stella - fully lined pencil skirt in 60's vintage Splash print satin $96
Sionara fitted dress in Black doubleknit jersey $120
Sionara dress pleated sleeve detail
Sionara fully lined fitted dress in 60's vintage Splash print satin $148
Jacklyn jersey kimono tunic top in Black $78
Jacklyn jersey kimono top - Also available in India Green  $78
Joan wrap dress in Black satin crepe $148
Joan wrap dress in Black satin crepe $148

Joan wrap dress in Metallic Raspberry slinky jersey $148
Kimono wrap top in Black rayon $95 / More new options coming soon!

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love every piece of your collection!! Colors and details all very sexy and feminine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new collection is so pretty!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all the pieces! my favourite is the Joan wrap dress. it looks like it would be flattering on any figure and the colour is so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stuff looks amazing and you are the cherry on top! You look fantabulous in every item. What a model!

    Jackie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have the feline mesh black tunic! Let us know when available.

    http://mycapaciousbottega.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Katrina - you're SO right and that's just the way it was designed.. Not everyone is a size 0 am I right?! Jackie - so sweet! M - will def. let you know when the collection is up in shop!

    xo Michelle

    ReplyDelete